Visual Composer is a WordPress plugin that lets you create a web page with drag-and-drop operations. Visual Composer allows you to layout pages quickly, easily. In addition, Visual Composer also helps you to add value to WordPress themes. In this article, you and I will look at the technical and legal implications of integrating Visual Composer into products for sale online.
Visual Composer will have the following sections:
+ Combined with the terminated WordPress editor and finish.
+ More than 40 content elements are available and 200 additional pieces serve your website.
+ Sample library with hundreds of high quality layouts.
+ Skin builder to impress the appearance of the theme.
+ Advanced Grid builder for details inside your website.
These are the main features of Visual Composer.
1. “Visual Composer” for Theme - Developers
Why do you have to integrate or extend Visual Composer? Why do you pay attention to the license?
When you sell WordPress themes, whether you're selling your own website or through another market like ThemeForest, you're still considered a business to make a profit. I will address some of the desires from the developers that I have been exposed:
- Reduce costs and development time.
- A good product, beautiful, high quality.
- Generate maximum revenue.
- Desire to reduce support time.
- New features and new marketing methods are important.
Visual Composer can help you achieve the above requirements, I will explain to you the following:
The majority of WordPress has been developed in Page Builders, and it's one of the most prominent trends in previous years. But now you will realize that this is time consuming and costly. To fix this, use Visual Composer and integrate it into your theme. It will give your buyer free (your subject).
If you look at the topical WordPress themes (Themeforest), you'll realize that Visual Composer is always present in each topic. Visual Composer is a well known method, trusted by millions of users.
I can tell you that Visual Composer has become something almost mandatory for WordPress developers if they want to be successful.
2. Theme - Integration: “Legal Guide”
Visual Composer trong chủ đề của bạn, bạn cần phải có giấy phép Visual Composer.
If you think about integrating Visual Composer into your topic, read this article: "On January 22, 2013, Envato updated their license and could no longer use items from Markets in your commodities that will be sold on the Envato market without a cooperation agreement between the two authors."
Simply put, if you want to have Visual Composer in your theme, you need a Visual Composer license.
Purchase Extended - License
First, you need to go to CodeCanyon to purchase the Visual Composer license.
What is an “Extended - License”?
With the extension license, you'll be able to use the plugin. That is, when you purchase an extended license to use Visual Composer, your customers will not be required to purchase the regular Visual Composer license.
Note, you can not use an extension license for multiple threads. You also can not share this license with others.
The “In-Stock - License”
WPBakery says that "it is no longer possible to use items from the markets in your items that will be sold in the Envato market." So how can I sell my theme (including Visual Composer) on ThemeForest if my extension license does not allow that? So, we have "In-Stock License".
Once you have the extension license, connect to the WPBakery support portal and sign in with your Envato account.
When pop-up "Authorize WPBakery Support Portal to connect with your account?" appears, click on "Approve".
After that, WPBakery will show your license in the control panel (if you have already purchased the license extension). Select the license, enter the subject name and click "Submit". At this point, you have an "In-Stock License".
3. Theme - Integration: “Technical Guide”
The integration of Image Creator with your theme is not very relevant. I will explain this process as follows: (via Focuson)
Create Required - Environment
We need the following data:
- A php file with custom elements (short topic codes). In my example, it is "shortcodes.php" located in the "ninzio-addons" plugin. "Shortcodes.php" acts as the final output of short codes.
- A php file for integrating Visual Composer. This php file will contain your custom element options. In my example, it is "ninzio_vc.php" and is in "theme folder> includes".
- Sample folder of Visual Composer. It will contain the php files of the default elements of Visual Composer (if you need to override them). You have to name this sample directory "vc_templates", and all of the files within it must be named exactly as directories in "vc_templates" of Visual Composer. In my example, there are four files: "vc_column.php", "vc_column_text.php", "vc_row.php" and "vc_video.php". The "vc_templates" folder must be placed within the themes folder "vc_templates".
Finally, you need to include Visual Composer into the download package. You will have two choices:
- The download package will contain the "js_composer.zip" file and ask the user to install it manually.
Automate this process with TGM Plugin Activator. Link:http://tgmpluginactivation.com/
The second way is the best way. To do that, you have to create a "plugins" folder within the root of the theme and name the file "js_composer.zip" (the Visual Composer installation file, which the client will download after purchase).
WordPress - Theme - Check
When a theme has plugins inside it, the WordPress Theme Check will issue a warning like:
REQUIRED: Zip file found. Plugins are not allowed in themes. The zip file found was js_composer.zip
Unfortunately, there is no official guidance for this case.
“Catch Your Breath”
So we will have "..."
- "..." will contain js_composer.zip inside the theme (fucoson> plugin> js_composer.zip)
- "..." will generate the php file (ninzio-addons> shortcodes> shortcodes.php). Remember that you have the customizable ninzio-addons plugin, and it incorporates the theme.
- "..." will generate files containing Visual Composer (focuson>include> ninzio_vc.php)
- "..." and "vc_templates" will integrate the default Visual Composer components to extend.
Including Required Components
Now do the integration by including the required components. Open your theme "functions.php", using the TGM Plugin Activator, add Visual Composer to the request list:
$plugins = array(
'name' => esc_html__('WPBakery Visual Composer', 'focuson'),
'slug' => 'js_composer',
'source' => get_template_directory() . '/plugins/js_composer.zip',
'required' => true,
'force_activation' => false,
'force_deactivation' => false,
'external_url' => ''
You will now add the file "shortcodes.php". As in this case, it is already built-in when you install the ninzio-addons plugin.
Next, you'll add the "ninzio_vc.php" file. This part is important because you need to make sure the Visual Composer installable "js_composer.zip" file is inside the well-executed Visual Composer plugin folder:
if (defined( 'WPB_VC_VERSION' ) && file_exists( get_template_directory() . '/plugins/js_composer.zip' ) )
require_once(get_template_directory() . '/includes/ninzio_vc.php' );
After that do you require the integration file “ninzio_vc.php”.
require_once(get_template_directory() . '/includes/ninzio_vc.php' );